Author Topic: HM 1076 Calling it Done  (Read 2547 times)

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HM 1076 Calling it Done
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 10:40:26 am »
Fuzzy, only once so far. Had a tire/tires out of balance on the front so backed out of it on the interstate. Have to find somebody who can do a good balance. A little over 200 miles on it so far, so am still doing some minor tuning/fixing as they pop up.

Sam

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2015, 08:45:44 am »
Did you put a heater in it so you can drive all year round? You seldom get snow correct? I had mine out again yesterday to pick my daughter up from school. She likes the attention. She's about 4'6" / 6th grader, and asked me yesterday if I could teach her to drive it. Luckily she can't reach the pedals yet.  It would be really tough to leave it in the garage if mine looked like yours. Hope you get it sorted out soon so you can get those miles rolling.
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2015, 03:33:07 pm »
Fuzzy, I went with seat heaters for colder weather driving. As long as my butt and back are warm, I'm good to go. We do get snow and ice here several times during the winter.

Sam

d_fredenberg

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2016, 11:26:24 am »
I'll post the newest pics under this finished thread although as long as I own it - it will never be finished.
Decided to put new tires on last week because the BFG's were 11 years old with under 700 miles on them.
I couldn't stop there so off to the powdercoater to do the wheel centers black. These changes along with
Classic chambered exhaust made it a different car. The Cooper Cobra tires made a huge difference in the ride.
I'm thinking about putting the wipers in the trunk and making some wiper post covers this weekend.  Like I said
it will never be done.     Dan   #1011
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:31:22 am by d_fredenberg »

MFE III

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM #1053
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 10:53:33 am »
Looks great Dan and I like the black wheel centers!
tell me what you went with on the Classic Chambered. Length and which direction for the cores?
Matt
HM 1053; 427w, TKO 600 (.82) IRS Cobra hybrid . . . burns both rubber and gas

d_fredenberg

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2016, 08:56:40 pm »
Matt, The new mufflers are 24" body, packed with the louvers facing forward. They are
louder the originals mainly because the ID is bigger. The sound is much better but the biggest
difference is the power increase. I do know that if the louvers were facing backwards and
they were not packed, it would be to loud. I took a friend down the highway last weekend
at 75-80 mph and about 2200 rpm we could easily carry on a conversation. It has a nice deep tone
cruising and a bit of a thump at idle. Like your engine and mine they are capable of making good
horsepower but not with the old pipes.

120mm

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2017, 11:35:40 am »
I really, really love those Torq Thrusts with the knock off caps.

Black Cobras rock.
A Man Is What He Does When It Counts