Author Topic: My new HM#1092  (Read 2325 times)

silvastang

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
My new HM#1092
« on: September 23, 2012, 12:00:07 pm »
Hello everyone, my name is Dave and I am new to the HM web site. I recently found out there was a forum and all this great information. I purchased 1092 a couple of years ago and slowly but surely getting stuff done. I discovered over time it was put together quickly to create a roller to sell and now I'm going back thought it to be sure all is good. Can't figure out how to post a picture, can someone help? I clicked the insert image but not sure what to do next.

Paul Proefrock

• Administrator
  • HM 1078
    • View Profile
    • 65SHLB Build Info
    • Email
Re: My new HM#1092
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:59:10 pm »
David
to post a picture,
  • Open the thread that will be the location of that picture, like this one
  • Type whatever verbiage you care to post with the picture
  • Right below the box you type the text into, you'll see a + sign and "Attachments and other options, click on that. It will open a number of options as well as a box to add an attachment.
  • Click on the button that says browse. That will open a dialog box allowing you to navigate your computer to find the file you wish to post. That file has certain limitations, posted just below the box.
  • If you want to post up to four pictures or files, you can click on the line that says "(more attachments" which will open addition boxes to add more photos.
  • Select the photo you want and the path to it will propagate into the box.
  • Click Post in the lower right corner and the text and files will be uploaded.  NOTE: If you click Preview, it won't upload the photos till you finally click Post and it may ask you to "re-attach" the files you want to.

Hope this helps - posted a picture of my pride and joy, HM1078 as an example

Paul

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:57:48 am »
Welcome to the forum and all the joy that goes with it.   Will be looking forward to your photos. Glad you started a build thread, its easier to follow your progress when  its just about your car.   I've got 1081 and am slowly plodding along.  If you have problems, there is usually an answer in the seach results or post the problem and hopefully one of us can help out.  Of course if you put a SBC in it, be prepared to be thick skinned and  to be enlightened on the error of your ways. I know from experience.   Have fun.
ken
 ::)
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage

silvastang

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 10:43:43 am »
Here are pics as it came off the truck.

MFE III

• Hurricane Owner
  • HM #1053
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 06:18:14 pm »
Congratulations on 1092 and discovering this site. I found this site to be invaluable in the build and I'm sure you will as well.
I remember #1092. Two buddies, Josh and Cody each bought a kit (1092 and 1093) in August '07. They posted once or twice, but never heard from again.
Glad to hear that picked up 1092 are are going to finish it.  I heard a stat once that a huge percentage of FF5 kits (like 50%) never get finished. Sure would be a shame for a Hurricane to rot, unfinished under some tarp behind a barn!
Matt
HM 1053; 427w, TKO 600 (.82) IRS Cobra hybrid . . . burns both rubber and gas

builder

• Global Moderator
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 07:36:29 am »
Dave,
X2 what Matt said! More pictures would be nice but looks like you already have a good start. Be sure to use all these owners for their experience but if you need anything don't hesitate to contact Hurricane also.

Congrats and Good luck
Dusty

HAVASUBILL

• Hurricane Owner
  • #1072 , 428FE, TKO600  Everyday is Saturday!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 07:01:19 am »
Congrats Dave,  looks like your welll on your way to making your Hurricane the truly Beautiful Beast that is, best wishes on your build.   ;)
As stated by the other boys, don't hesitate to ask questions or show off your progress , we love to offer up any help or suggestions when you ask . In addition, the Hurricane family will become good friends and welcome you into the loop.
Bill    :)
The trouble with people is not that they don't know , but that they know so much that ain't so.

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 08:51:31 am »
Been a long time since you got 1092....ever get a chance to make any progress?
ken
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage