Author Topic: HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane  (Read 29516 times)

Russ Rittimann

• Hurricane Owner
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HM 1081 NorJak Hurricane
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2016, 06:32:07 am »
Fuzzy

You have any updates on your car??  It's been a while.
Russ
HM-2005
KC-408, Tremec 600, IRS

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
  • Every day is a roadstr day
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #316 on: November 14, 2016, 02:07:55 am »
Hi All,
Its been a long time since I was on the site.  Everything has stalled and I've been busy with a host of other things and family.  My wife has had some health issues which require us to fly to Singapore for doctors visits.  All seems to be under control now, mostly false alarms.  I spent a lot of time this past summer trying to get my old wannabee local cobra fixed so I could sell it which I finally did in Oct.  Was sad to see it go after 14 years of cruising and cursing...Then we have been on the road back to the States since end of Sept for family things plus my 50th high school reunion and a wedding in Austin.  Spent a week on the road by myself shooting photos of rural Michigan, Indiana and Southern Ohio.  Decided to just do  the old roads as this will probably be my last chance to ever do that. 
The Hurricane has been under a car cover for a while.  I did start to do some body work but still need to pull it off and figure out the body alignment.  Looks like I will wait until the first of the year to do that.  Have another trip for checkups in Dec and then a short family get away.  Plus kids have school and exams.  Problem with second families.   So that's where it sits.  Have discovered three other cobras here, one made by the same guy that made my Holden one and another that looks like it could have been an English kit car but sounds  like a 4 banger and then one in a museum that my daughter went to out in in the East of Indonesia.  Was comparing notes with a friend and from what few pictures my daughter took, he thinks its an old West Coast body.  No idea about motor.  Want to go see for myself sometime.  There is also a rumour of a Shelby continuation being imported into Indonesia, supposedly some Indonesian kid went to the states for college, bought one and imported it, supposed to have a 427 side oiler in it but  no one has seen it.  Also rumoured that including the purchase, shipping and duty its up to about $500,000.  Figure mine would be worth 80 grand as it sits but no takers.  ;)  So that is the news from here.  Still slogging along.
HM1081:)   aging gracefully in the garage

Russ Rittimann

• Hurricane Owner
  • Hurricane Motorsports
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #317 on: November 14, 2016, 06:08:53 am »
Thanks for the update Fuzzy.  Glad to hear you and family are doing well.

Russ
Russ
HM-2005
KC-408, Tremec 600, IRS

s_reynolds

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #318 on: November 14, 2016, 05:56:05 pm »
Fuzzy, keep us updated when you get back on the build.

Sam

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #319 on: January 10, 2018, 08:41:24 am »
I done bits and pieces when I get a chance...I did finally put in a fresh air system this past summer.  Individual switches on dash for his and hers.  Don't have all the fancy bits available in normal places so used what I could get or try to get in through customs.  Works and looks like it should last. Also put in a cutoff switch for the fan so it will automatically come on and go off. Started on doing the door panel spaces between the outside and inside.  Have put it off too long.  Don't have a lot of choices here that I can find for material options so going to do her up with what we have in glass wool and resin and go from there.  Not much else to do on the  chassis and trimmings so looking like its time to try to fit the body one more time in the next couple of months.
since mine came all apart to pass customs regulations, its been a bit of a nightmare trying to get it all to fit. I did some modifications on the front bumper brackets, those triangle shapped pieces that connect the chassis to the front bumper.  On of mine was welded on about 15 degrees off and the body was shifted about 3/4" to the left.  Hoping I got all the kinks out.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:46:34 am by Fuzzy »

Fuzzy

• Hurricane Owner
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #320 on: January 10, 2018, 08:49:01 am »
Note: this is a left had drive car, Flaming River Steering rack and everything switched left to right.  Had to switch to SBC cause really hard to find any Ford parts or places to help with problems.  Indonesia isn't downtown Dallas for sure