This position is responsible for the fabrication and assembly of automobile components and automobiles and reports to the Hurricane Product Line Account Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assemble, fabricate or install automotive components on a vehicle as instructed using required hand tools and supplied power tools.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely assembly of vehicles and its installation on appropriate frames, complying with safety standards and company quality standards.
- Install electrical systems, including switch panels and lighting.
- Weld frames, brackets and other attachments, as needed, using correct welding techniques.
- Perform final inspection on units to ensure that it is completely operative and presentable.
- Interpret engineering drawings, instructions, bills of material, and specifications.
- Work safely in compliance with Company’s safety guidelines.
- Maintain orderly work area in accordance with standards.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, steering, suspension, brakes and air conditioning to required specifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school graduate or GED.
- 2-5 years’ experience with automotive fabrication or service.
- Experience in the troubleshooting and repair of engine assemblies, clutch assemblies, brakes, hydraulic systems, drive trains, transmissions, and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in the production of automobiles, motor racing vehicles, or similar. Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Read scale drawings or blueprints to visualize objects.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to communicate and interact well with others.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, , statistics, and their applications.
- Experience maintaining accurate, legible paperwork.
- Timely completion of assigned tasks.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
Want to become a member of the Hurricane team? Fill out our application.